Aditya "Romeo" Dev, world's smallest bodybuilder
- Aditya Dev is a 19 year old man from India who is 2’9″ (84 cm) tall and weighs 9 kgs but still is an active bodybuilder.
- Aditya was born in 1988 with a fifth of the size of a regular baby, weighing only 680g.
- Aditya was born with a rare form of dwarfism called ”primordial dwarfism”, that results in a smaller body size in all stages of life beginning from before birth.
- Romeo has been considered both a blessing as well as a curse within his community in India.
- When he grew a little bit older, he became a big fan of the Indian popstar Jazzy B and started to dance like him.
- Aditya took his artistname from his idol Jazzy B’s song ”Romeo”.
- He later started working out with a personal trainer and he can lift 1.5 kg dumbells.
- India’s version of the Guinnes book of World Records; ”The Limca Book of Records” recognized Romeo as the world’s smallest bodybuilder.
- Unlike many other little people, Romeo is well portioned.
- In summer 2008, Aditya was diagnosed with a number of serious aneurysms (baloon-like bulge of a blood vessel) in his brain. If left untreated, Aditya may suffer a stroke and die.
- Aditya’s poor family are trying to raise the approximately 7500 USD required for his advanced brain surgery. People can donate money via his official website.
Sources and further reading:
Aditya ”Romeo” Dev’s Official Website
Daily Mail news article