Somewhere in the world, a coffee-lover think it’s a good idea to drink an expensive coffee made out of beans passed through the system of an Indonesian animal.
- The Coffee comes from the Indonesian Island of Sumatra where the cat-like mammal Asian Palm Civet lives.
- The Civets eat red, ripe coffee- cherries with bean and all. Inside the civet’s stomach, the benas undergoes chemical treatments and fermentations, but without the beans being digested.
- The civet poops out the beans which are then hand-picked, washed and roasted for selling as an Arabica Coffee called ”Kopi Luwak”.
- The Coffee is supposed to offer a rich, strong and complex aroma. It’s said to be Syrupy with hints of chocolate/caramels with a long aftertaste.
- It’s the world’s most expensive coffee- sold for more than 50 $ a cup in the U.S.
- Very often, the sold coffe is not the real deal.