The popular german fashionhouse Hugo Boss has footprints in a dark time of our modern history that probably not many of the clothe’s proud owners know about. Learn about the Hugo Boss nazi-involvement.
- In 1997, a spokeswoman fron Hugo Boss told the press that they had became aware of connections between the company’s founder Hugo Ferdinand Boss and the german nazi regime.
- Hugo Boss began as a familiy-run business in Germany 1923 which manufactured police and postal uniforms.
- Hugo Ferdinand Boss joined the Nazi Party in 1931 and circa two years later, somewhere between 1932-33 his company began manufacturing uniforms for the nazis.
- Hugo Boss company produced the new black unfiroms worn by SS (SchutzStaffel) units, brown shirts worn by SA (Sturmabteilung) storm troopers and also the black- and brown unfiroms for the Hitler youth.
- Hugo Boss continued to manufacture unfiforms for the nazis throughout the Second World War.
- According to the Austrian news magazine ”Profil”, the company brought forced laborers from Poland and France to its factory to increase their output in the later years.